Vaginal (Yoni) Steaming
Vaginal steaming, sometimes shortened to V-steaming and also known as yoni steaming is an ancient health practice whereby a woman squats or sits over steaming water containing herbs such as mugwort, rosemary, wormwood, basil and others. It has been practiced in Africa (Mozambique, South Africa), Asia (Indonesia, Thailand), and South America (among the Q’eqchi’ people).
When the herbs are placed in the hot water, their medicinal properties, including volatile oils, are released in the steam and rise inside of the vagina, where they are absorbed into the bloodstream and, ultimately, into to the uterus.
Recently, it has become an alternative health practice for women in the Western world. It is described in spas as an ancient Korean treatment for reproductive organ ailments and is claimed to have other benefits. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_steaming)
Benefits of vaginal/yoni steaming:
- Reduces discomfort, bloating and exhaustion associated with monthly cycles
- Decreases menstrual flow
- Eliminates the dark, purple or brownish blood at the beginning and/or end of cycle
- Regulates irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- Increases fertility, especially when combined with specialized abdominal massage
- Speeds healing and tones the reproductive system after birth
- Treats uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Assists with the healing of haemorrhoids
- Treats chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and maintain healthy odour
- Relieves symptoms of menopause
Our practitioners are trained in the safe and effective provision of Yoni Steaming services to avoid any injuries or discomfort.